Journaley (version: 2.1) is a simple yet unusual journaling program, it is freeware and hosted on GitHub. The unusual nature of the program is two fold, perhaps. The first is somewhat disturbing, the set up did not provide any prompts (tested on a Windows 10 64-bit computer) until the program shortcut was ready on the desktop, whether this is a bug or not is not clear and there is no mention of this behaviour on the deve
Update: The blank dialog window bug has been fixed in version 11 of jaBuT JaBuT (version: 10.0.39) is a simple but useful back up tool. It is free for non-commercial use and offers several methods to back up directories. On first use the program provides a step by step guide for creating a backup profile via an express or custom setup. The profile creation process prompts for source and destination directories.
Every once in a while I come across a mention of this site and it encourages me to think about a return. Yesterday I noticed that MK of Taking note found my review of Minipad2 and had a look at it. In the recent past have been concentrating on other things, including maintaining the Milan (the football/soccer team) site, linked on the site’s front page if anybody cares. Perhaps it is time to return and post occasiona
OutWiker (current version: 1.8.1) is a cross platform and freeware outliner or notes organizer. It supports plain text, HTML and wiki style notes with various markups. Start with File—>New (Ctrl+N) and choose one of the aforementioned page types. Either manually or by using the wiki menu or keyboard shortcuts add formatting to your wiki page. The formatting and markup available include bold, it
Elephant, currently in rapid development and at Release 7 as of this review, is an open source java based note taker or organizer with an old Evernote type interface. It is no install software and doesn’t use a database, all files are stored and organized in plain text and folders. The storage location is chosen at first launch. The interface is divided into three panes where notes are parts of notebooks.
O2 calls itself a data organizer, it is designed like a file folder where Objects are created and each holds any kind of data. After launching the program create a new database and then right click anywhere in the main section to create new Object. Each Object can be given a name and tagged. Tags can be created on the fly by typing them in the Tags input or add an existing one from the dropdown. Each Object can have fields asso
Received a note that Wondershare is having a thanksgiving promotion. Software like Video Converter Ultimate, DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe or PowerCam all offer ways to capture, record and preserve holiday memories. Now they are all 15% off and as an extra bonus the first referred friend gets a copy 100% off! Head over to the promotion page to discover all the software by Wondershare, save your order ID and not only
- HeidiSQL, a useful tool for working with databases is at version 9.1. In addition to features that always make working with databases easier version 9 introduces some others like a rewritten SSH connection interface and better support for other languages.
- Pixopedia, the freeware graphics editor has been rewritten for its upcoming version and the current development version includes some but not all of the upc
- RJ TextEd, one of the better text and source editors will soon release version 10 which features major new changes. It will be fully unicode, support locally encrypted ftp passwords, will have dockable panels, will include new ways to handle themes and more.
- XnView, one of the best freeware image viewer and editors is out with version 2.25 and as is usual fixes and improvements come fast and often.
- Earlier, Marti
- GeekUninstaller, the well rated and portable uninstaller is at version 126.96.36.199 now with performance improvements.
- ImBatch, the batch image editor previously reviewed here, is out with version 3.2.1
- Acrylic WiFi offers network information and scans for WiFi access points. It can display signal strength, security protocols and other related information.
- ClipSmartPro is not freeware, but it’s up