Received a note that Wondershare is having a thanksgiving promotion. Software like Video Converter Ultimate, DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe or PowerCam all offer ways to capture, record and preserve holiday memories. Now they are all 15% off and as an extra bonus the first referred friend gets a copy 100% off! Head over to the promotion page to discover all the software by Wondershare, save your order ID and not only
- HeidiSQL, a useful tool for working with databases is at version 9.1. In addition to features that always make working with databases easier version 9 introduces some others like a rewritten SSH connection interface and better support for other languages.
- Pixopedia, the freeware graphics editor has been rewritten for its upcoming version and the current development version includes some but not all of the upc
- RJ TextEd, one of the better text and source editors will soon release version 10 which features major new changes. It will be fully unicode, support locally encrypted ftp passwords, will have dockable panels, will include new ways to handle themes and more.
- XnView, one of the best freeware image viewer and editors is out with version 2.25 and as is usual fixes and improvements come fast and often.
- Earlier, Marti
- GeekUninstaller, the well rated and portable uninstaller is at version 184.108.40.206 now with performance improvements.
- ImBatch, the batch image editor previously reviewed here, is out with version 3.2.1
- Acrylic WiFi offers network information and scans for WiFi access points. It can display signal strength, security protocols and other related information.
- ClipSmartPro is not freeware, but it’s up
CLIB is a relative new entry in the freeware clipboard manager space. It uses a different approach than most others in that the interface and settings are within the browser. In the age of privacy violations and concerns the program emphasizes that while it uses the browser it is not using the cloud in anyway, it is only that the program can be accessed locally at http://127.0.0.1:8822/clib/dashboard.do. CLIB suppo
- TreeSize Free previously reviewed on RGdot is at version 3.2.1 now. Personal and professional editions add extra features like scanning network drives and more detailed reports and analysis. There is even a windows mobile version.
- TextCrawler also previously reviewed is at version 3.0.2 with a professional version for commercial use available.
- The very useful FastStone Image Viewer is at version 5.3 with
I was contacted and asked to write about PDF Compressor. It is a freeware and at v.3.0. As its name suggests it is straightforward with one purpose. It is easy to use, simply add or drag and drop pdf files to the program window or alternatively add a folder containing pdf files. Customize the output folder and if necessary the output defaults from 120 dots per inch and 75% compression. Press the Start button and it is done.
Was recently contacted about an article titled 200 Ways to Save Planet Earth. It is a good compilation of ways to help the environment easily and doing our part as much as possible. Some on the list like shower together may be less practical but others like reducing paper usage, collecting rain water and eating locally all help bit by bit and soon will make a difference. Read the list, it is worth it. Just in case:
Grab a copy of PCWinSoft’s ScreenCamera, normally $49.95. Click the link below, fill in your email and details to get the activation key. In 2012 ScreenCamera was first reviewed here at RGdot. ScreenCamera’s best feature was and still is the ability to stream both desktop activity and webcam to others. It is compatible with Skype and other similar programs. The program has now improved with better Wind
sChecklist is one in the long list of useful software to come from DonationCoder. sChecklist was one of the entries for 2014 NANY and was initially released in January 2014, it is currently at v.1.0.7. To use sChecklist just unzip and launch. Create a new list via the icon, menu or a right click in the left pane. Name the list and start adding entries – using Ins key or right click in the right pane. New items can a