Received a note that Wondershare is having a thanksgiving promotion. Software like Video Converter Ultimate, DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe or PowerCam all offer ways to capture, record and preserve holiday memories. Now they are all 15% off and as an extra bonus the first referred friend gets a copy 100% off!
Head over to the promotion page to discover all the software by Wondershare, save your order ID and not only enjoy the promotion but give one as a gift.
The promotion runs from 24th of November to 10th of December.
- HeidiSQL, a useful tool for working with databases is at version 9.1. In addition to features that always make working with databases easier version 9 introduces some others like a rewritten SSH connection interface and better support for other languages.
- Pixopedia, the freeware graphics editor has been rewritten for its upcoming version and the current development version includes some but not all of the upcoming features. For example Tree drawing – one of ornaments available within the program. It also has useful blending options ready for use.
- O2 is a data organizer with an unusual look that makes it look like an address book but can store any data in fields. An O2 review will be written soon.
- Artweaver, the graphics editor, has a new version out with new improvements and features like making symmetrical drawings and new brush options to make better layered drawings. However, many new features are for the Plus shareware version.
- RJ TextEd, one of the better text and source editors will soon release version 10 which features major new changes. It will be fully unicode, support locally encrypted ftp passwords, will have dockable panels, will include new ways to handle themes and more.
- XnView, one of the best freeware image viewer and editors is out with version 2.25 and as is usual fixes and improvements come fast and often.
- Earlier, Martin over at gHacks took an early look at the new Firefox Developer Edition. This new version of Firefox is mainly for developers and can work along side a normal Firefox install. It includes some extra development tools and includes WebIDE, the replacement for Mozilla’s App Manager. WebIDE can be used to create HTML5 apps for the Firefox OS.
- Blood Report Manager is a free tool that keeps a record of various blood test results like Glucose, Cholesterol, Triglycerides and others. Add data and view a graphical history of various test results.
- GeekUninstaller, the well rated and portable uninstaller is at version 188.8.131.52 now with performance improvements.
- ImBatch, the batch image editor previously reviewed here, is out with version 3.2.1
- Acrylic WiFi offers network information and scans for WiFi access points. It can display signal strength, security protocols and other related information.
- ClipSmartPro is not freeware, but it’s upcoming and as yet unavailable version 2.0 looks very interesting. It extends clipboard capture beyond text and images to videos and formatted web pages.