OutWiker (current version: 1.8.1) is a cross platform and freeware outliner or notes organizer. It supports plain text, HTML and wiki style notes with various markups. Start with File—>New (Ctrl+N) and choose one of the aforementioned page types. Either manually or by using the wiki menu or keyboard shortcuts add formatting to your wiki page. The formatting and markup available include bold, it
Elephant, currently in rapid development and at Release 7 as of this review, is an open source java based note taker or organizer with an old Evernote type interface. It is no install software and doesn’t use a database, all files are stored and organized in plain text and folders. The storage location is chosen at first launch. The interface is divided into three panes where notes are parts of notebooks.
O2 calls itself a data organizer, it is designed like a file folder where Objects are created and each holds any kind of data. After launching the program create a new database and then right click anywhere in the main section to create new Object. Each Object can be given a name and tagged. Tags can be created on the fly by typing them in the Tags input or add an existing one from the dropdown. Each Object can have fields asso
Received a note that Wondershare is having a thanksgiving promotion. Software like Video Converter Ultimate, DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe or PowerCam all offer ways to capture, record and preserve holiday memories. Now they are all 15% off and as an extra bonus the first referred friend gets a copy 100% off! Head over to the promotion page to discover all the software by Wondershare, save your order ID and not only
- HeidiSQL, a useful tool for working with databases is at version 9.1. In addition to features that always make working with databases easier version 9 introduces some others like a rewritten SSH connection interface and better support for other languages.
- Pixopedia, the freeware graphics editor has been rewritten for its upcoming version and the current development version includes some but not all of the upc
- RJ TextEd, one of the better text and source editors will soon release version 10 which features major new changes. It will be fully unicode, support locally encrypted ftp passwords, will have dockable panels, will include new ways to handle themes and more.
- XnView, one of the best freeware image viewer and editors is out with version 2.25 and as is usual fixes and improvements come fast and often.
- Earlier, Marti
- GeekUninstaller, the well rated and portable uninstaller is at version 184.108.40.206 now with performance improvements.
- ImBatch, the batch image editor previously reviewed here, is out with version 3.2.1
- Acrylic WiFi offers network information and scans for WiFi access points. It can display signal strength, security protocols and other related information.
- ClipSmartPro is not freeware, but it’s up
CLIB is a relative new entry in the freeware clipboard manager space. It uses a different approach than most others in that the interface and settings are within the browser. In the age of privacy violations and concerns the program emphasizes that while it uses the browser it is not using the cloud in anyway, it is only that the program can be accessed locally at http://127.0.0.1:8822/clib/dashboard.do. CLIB suppo
- TreeSize Free previously reviewed on RGdot is at version 3.2.1 now. Personal and professional editions add extra features like scanning network drives and more detailed reports and analysis. There is even a windows mobile version.
- TextCrawler also previously reviewed is at version 3.0.2 with a professional version for commercial use available.
- The very useful FastStone Image Viewer is at version 5.3 with
I was contacted and asked to write about PDF Compressor. It is a freeware and at v.3.0. As its name suggests it is straightforward with one purpose. It is easy to use, simply add or drag and drop pdf files to the program window or alternatively add a folder containing pdf files. Customize the output folder and if necessary the output defaults from 120 dots per inch and 75% compression. Press the Start button and it is done.